Affects Version/s: 2.1.8
Fix Version/s: None
Since JSON has become a widely adapted format among Integration technologies, a Streaming API based ItemWriter with restart support for JSON has to be developed. On the similar lines to StaxEventItemWriter.
1) Online Application initiating the batch job
2) ItemReader reads the list of IDs to be process from underlying DB or Service
3) ItemProcessor does further processing using DB and/or Service
4) ItemWriter writes JSON file out of the processed records
5) Callback mechanism would drop the file into underlying rabbitMQ
6) Consumers would parse the JSON File for downstream applications.
Writing a simple Itemwriter wouldnt suffice. As in most batch process the datasets could be enormous,so the job should support restarts.
If the above has to be achieved with XML as the output format, it can be easily achieved using StaxEventItemWriter.
A similar implementation for JSON would be highly valuable.