As a developer, I need to be able to define batch artifacts in a non-Spring DI way. The JSR handles that via an XML document called the batch.xml.
- The job xml may reference beans defined in the batch.xml file instead of a normal Spring context.
- Per the spec:
- 1 instance per reference in the job XML should be created.
- In the case of partitioning, one instance per partition is created.
- For artifacts defined in the batch.xml, no artifact reuse is permitted.
- The batch.xml file is located in the META-INF directory (in a .jar file, WEB-INF/classes/META-INF for .war files).
We will need to figure out what the correct hook for this is...