Currently we don't have a dedicated chapter regarding poller documentation early in the documentation. The index only has one mentioning of pollers:
- 31.1.1. Poller Transaction Support
The first use of the word "poller" in the reference guide is:
- 2.3.2 Message Channel - references the word poller without describing it or further referencing it.
- 3.1.2 Message Channel Implementations
Actual description and configuration options are handled in chapter:
- 3.2.1 Configuring Inbound Channel Adapter
- and also scattered throughout the guide
Polling Consumers are handled in Chapter "7.1.3 Polling Consumer". However, we should have an introduction-type chapter earlier on.
I would propose the following changed chapter structure:
3. Messaging Channels
3.1. Message Channels
3.2. Poller (Polling Consumer)
3.3. Channel Adapter
3.3. Messaging Bridge
Chapter 3.2. Poller (Polling Consumer) will then reference Chapter "7.1.3 Polling Consumer" for more in-depth coverage.
Therefore the user has one dedicated chapter with necessary information regarding pollers without being "surprised" by the use of Pollers in chapter "3.3. Channel Adapter"