The utf8 characters are not correctly written to database.
a) german special characters (ö,ä,ß,ü)
b) cyrillic characters (щвды...)
I did some tests already, it didnt help:
1. Set the CharacterEncodingFilter filter in web.xml to first place
2. Set <property name="hibernate.connection.charSet" value="UTF-8" /> in persistence xml
3. I updated the DB manually with a correct UTF8 data (copied from hsqldb from same application but in grails) and is showed correctly, so the utf8 data is correcly read\displayed from database.
I have same application in grails. Same db (hsqldb), db settings, db version.
Here the sample of data in:
Entered value "Привет München",
value in db "INSERT INTO GUETER_EINHEIT VALUES(17,0,'\u041f\u0440\u0438\u0432\u0435\u0442 M\u00fcnchen')"
Entered value "привет münchen",
value in the db "INSERT INTO GUETER_EINHEIT VALUES(2,'\u00d0\u009f\u00d1\u0080\u00d0\u00b8\u00d0\u00b2\ u00d0\u00b5\u00d1\u0082 m\u00c3\u00bcnchen',0)"
Very strange, I see in Roo for one special character two unicode characters and the generated unicode of grails and roo is different