Background polling seemed slow to me on windows. even in a project with just one entity.
I called metadata status at first and it showed, that Roo spends nearly 3 seconds in MavenProjectMetadata on every little change (I just added a field to the entity).
I did some profiling, which shows, that most of the time is spent in AbstractProjectOperations.getModuleForFileIdentifier() which in turn calls indirectly via PomManagementServiceImpl the method MavenProjectMetadata.get() (obviously without using cache)
This method, in turn, spends 2,5 seconds in java.util.WindowsPreferences.WindowsRegFlushKey1.
A similar problem was already described in
But now it got more serious , since it happens in the background polling thread on every little change ...
See also attached Backtrace.