I have a number of minor suggestions on how to improve the documentation. Some are bugs, but most are simply suggestions. They are all quite simple so I am only logging as one JIRA, but if preferred I can (or the assignee) can add additional JIRAs. I have only gone through 3.1.x, but some issues may pertain to 3.0.x as well. I can (if desired) look through 3.0.x as well.
- It might be nice to update the build to mention using gradle. I noticed that bamboo appears to be using gradle. Knowing build should be done with gradle would be useful to know for anyone wanting to commit changes to use gradle to ensure all the tests are ran. I say this because it appears that the maven build does not run groovy tests (alternatively perhaps fix the maven build). I also believe I saw rumors of moving away from using maven directly (generating poms)...could be wrong on that though.
- It would be nice to explain how to build Spring Security in an IDE.
- The "integration page" link points to acegi security page (this is a bit dated)
- "Spring Security fully supports automatic "channel security", together with JCaptcha integration for human user detection." Is JCaptcha integration still supported? From what I remember JCaptcha integration was removed due to lack of support by the original contributor (could be wrong though). Perhaps I am just misunderstanding what this is saying.
- "You can checkout specific versions from https://src.springframework.org/svn/spring-security/tags/" The url is for svn but there is no example svn command. This could be changed to include a svn example or changing the url to a git url.
- update spring-security schemaLocation to be 3.1 (Not sure if this is required, but there is a 3.1 in git)
- The documentation states "attribute on global-method-security to the Id". I think changing it to a lowercase id makes it easier to read as the uppercase can be confused to be an L. Additionally, lowercase matches the case of the xml attribute.
- This page has another reference on how to build the project using maven. Perhaps talk about building with gradle?
- Change spring-security-samples-contacts-3.0.x.war to spring-security-samples-contacts-3.1.x.war (the tutorial version is updated but contacts is not)
- The phrase "What happens if a user is already authenticated an they" should change 'an' to 'and'
- The phrase "A typical example would be where the user logs in with a from," should change 'from' to 'form'
- The phrase "correct GrantedAuthoritys." contains invalid character after GrantedAuthority
- There are two links with text "technical overview" and "Technical Overview" ...the case is inconsistent. Most the reset of the links are lower case.
- The phrase "single principal, and multiple GrantedAuthoritys." contains invalid character after GrantedAuthority
- The link "schema file" is a broken (404)
- /spring-security-login should be /spring_security_login (2 places to replace)
- remember-me / token-repository-ref is listed twice
- remember-me services-ref should document it needs to implement LogoutHandler too. Updates to the documentation for remember-me-services-ref in the .rnc should be made also. See http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=91795.
- remember-me services-ref "Id of a bean" might read better as "id of a bean"
- user-services-ref "bean Id explicitly" might read better as "bean id explicitly"
- "Again, this can be specified by Id" might read better with lowercase id
- "This is actually the bean Id" might read better with lowercase id