After the Gradle 4.1 upgrade, and before we actually release 5.0, our build could use some refactoring, especially anything that speeds things up and make it more idiomatic to avoid future compatibility issues.
- Activate Gradle build scans to check for issues
- Do not generate all reference documentation formats for each snapshot build, as it takes a long time
- Make sure tests actually run before javadoc/reference doc are generated
- reconfigure joint compilation for the spring-beans module and merge it with spring-beans-groovy, as this is not required and tends to confuse IDEs
- Only apply dependency management to modules that need it (right now it's applied everywhere)
- Break up the (huge) build.gradle into smaller, dedicated build files for each module