Some recent changes to STS (I suspect the changes committed in this build):
Related to this issue
Since those changes were committed, it seems that the Grails install is no longer being automatically found by STS anymore. It is still possible to configure Grails manually.
This issue will affect users with fresh install of STS and Grails.
It also causes most of the Grails related tests to fail (since they rely on the automatically configured Grails install to run Grails commands).
Steps to reproduce:
- fresh install of STS, clean workspace
- install Grails alongside of STS (e.g. from the extensions page)
- install Groovy and Grails support
- open the Grails perspective
- try to "Create New Grails Project"
- an error message appears in the dialog requiring the user to manually configure grails.
(this message is not expected, and in version prior to build 469, did not appear
since Grails was auto configured when installed in the proper location)