WL9 only supports J2EE1.4 (SAAJ1.2) but somehow has a SAAJ1.3 class javax.xml.soap.SAAJMetaFactory. we checked the application WEB-INF/lib does not have any saaj-api.jar, we checked other jars free of a similarly named class.
Now SaajUtils.java in spring-ws uses Class.forName to load that class to decide that the SAAJ version is 1.3 but at runtime you get the NoSuchMethod trying to instantiate the MessageFactory with the new 1.3 newInstance() which takes a string url instead of the 1.2 newInstance() which does not take any arguments.
I logged a bug because this is a bad way to detect the version and WL9 proves this point. maybe you can add a property to tell SaajUtils which version of SAAJ or fall back on the NoSuchMethod Exception instead of ClassNotFound if that is the only difference from spring perspective. several people are hitting this issue and are forced to hack around it but the real resolution should be in code. Hope this makes since.