AbstractValidatingInterceptor.handleResponseValidationErrors's JavaDoc states the following:
- Template method that is called when the response message contains validation errors. Default implementation logs
- all errors, and returns <code>false</code>, i.e. do not send the response.
- @param messageContext the message context
- @param errors the validation errors @return <code>true</code> to continue sending the response,
- <code>false</code> (the default) otherwise
However, returning false here doesn't mean that the response won't be send. It means that the rest of the Interceptor chain won't be processed and that the response will be send out immediately (see MessageDispatcher.triggerHandleResponse). The docs should be changed to represent the actual behaviour.