Uploaded image for project: 'Spring Web Services'
  1. Spring Web Services
  2. SWS-469

Content type not set accouring to Http specification, RFC 2616

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Blocker
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.5.5
    • Fix Version/s: 1.5.6
    • Component/s: Core
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Sender IBM WebSphere 6.1 reciever Oracle 10.1.3.4

      Description

      the AxiomSoapMessage and the SaajSoapMessage set the content-type character-set incorrectly.
      The character set is surrounded by double quotes i.e "ISO-8859-1". the specification however states, $14.17 and $3.7 clearly state that this is not allowed. Although most servers do not complain about it, the one i use does

      Since the implementation is not confirming to specifications, i would say it's a bug.

      Pieter

        Activity

        Hide
        tareq Tareq Abedrabbo added a comment -

        Hi Pieter,

        Thanks for detecting this issue. I fixed it for AxiomSoapMessages as Spring-WS is responsible for generating the Content-type header in this case.
        For SaajSoapMessages it's a different matter; Spring-WS delegates header generation to the underlying implementation. I tested with sun's 1.3 implementation and Axis 1.4 and was not able to reproduce the problem. Both implementations seem to generate the Content-type header correctly.
        Could you please share more details on how you encountered the problem with SaajSoapMessage?
        Thanks.

        Show
        tareq Tareq Abedrabbo added a comment - Hi Pieter, Thanks for detecting this issue. I fixed it for AxiomSoapMessages as Spring-WS is responsible for generating the Content-type header in this case. For SaajSoapMessages it's a different matter; Spring-WS delegates header generation to the underlying implementation. I tested with sun's 1.3 implementation and Axis 1.4 and was not able to reproduce the problem. Both implementations seem to generate the Content-type header correctly. Could you please share more details on how you encountered the problem with SaajSoapMessage? Thanks.
        Hide
        pieni Pieter van der Meer added a comment -

        Tareg,

        I'll grab the latest snapshot beginning next week and validate to see if the issue is solved. I didnot notice that the SaajSoapMessage creation was delegated, i just scanned the code quickly

        Keep you posted.

        Pieter

        Show
        pieni Pieter van der Meer added a comment - Tareg, I'll grab the latest snapshot beginning next week and validate to see if the issue is solved. I didnot notice that the SaajSoapMessage creation was delegated, i just scanned the code quickly Keep you posted. Pieter
        Hide
        tareq Tareq Abedrabbo added a comment -

        Hi Peiter,

        You won't find the fix in the latest snapshot because I haven't submitted it yet! I was hoping for a confirmation as I was not able to reproduce the issue for SaajSoapMessage, using Sun's RI 1.3 and Axis 1.4.
        Can you share more details on the Saaj implementation you're using to send your messages?

        Thanks!
        Tareq

        Show
        tareq Tareq Abedrabbo added a comment - Hi Peiter, You won't find the fix in the latest snapshot because I haven't submitted it yet! I was hoping for a confirmation as I was not able to reproduce the issue for SaajSoapMessage, using Sun's RI 1.3 and Axis 1.4. Can you share more details on the Saaj implementation you're using to send your messages? Thanks! Tareq
        Hide
        pieni Pieter van der Meer added a comment -

        Tareq,

        Oops, Did get that one, To be honest I did not test if the Saaj message introduces the problem. I browsed through the code and saw that for the Axiom message the " are added. I assumed that the Saaj implemenation did the same. But if you cant reproduce I would say that the problem aint there. It will take quite some effort for me to modify the application to see if i can reproduce it with the Saaj implementation since that one causes some issues with WAS 6.1. And i'm running into a deadline to deliver the application.

        Regards,

        Pieter

        Show
        pieni Pieter van der Meer added a comment - Tareq, Oops, Did get that one, To be honest I did not test if the Saaj message introduces the problem. I browsed through the code and saw that for the Axiom message the " are added. I assumed that the Saaj implemenation did the same. But if you cant reproduce I would say that the problem aint there. It will take quite some effort for me to modify the application to see if i can reproduce it with the Saaj implementation since that one causes some issues with WAS 6.1. And i'm running into a deadline to deliver the application. Regards, Pieter
        Hide
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment -

        Pieter, thanks for spotting this!
        Tareq, thanks for the patch!

        Show
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment - Pieter, thanks for spotting this! Tareq, thanks for the patch!
        Hide
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment -

        Closing old issues

        Show
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment - Closing old issues

          People

          • Assignee:
            arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma
            Reporter:
            pieni Pieter van der Meer
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: