Uploaded image for project: 'Spring Web Services'
  1. Spring Web Services
  2. SWS-819

SimpleNamespaceContext.removeBinding() does not clean up all references

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.5.9, 2.1.2
    • Fix Version/s: 2.1.3
    • Component/s: XML
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      n/a

      Description

      In SimpleNamespaceContext.removeBinding() the first line should be changed to

      String namespaceUri = prefixToNamespaceUri.remove(prefix);

      Otherwise the internal map prefixToNamespaceUri still contains the prefix, and hasBinding(String prefix) behaves incorrectly.

      This is error is critical, as under certain circumstances XML schema validation fails. If necessary I can provide an example.

        Activity

        tthomas Timo Thomas created issue -
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Assignee Arjen Poutsma [ arjen.poutsma ]
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma made changes -
        Fix Version/s 2.1.3 [ 13897 ]
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma made changes -
        Status Open [ 1 ] In Progress [ 3 ]
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma logged work - 07/Dec/12 2:39 AM
        • Time Spent:
          10m
           
          <No comment>
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma made changes -
        Time Spent 10m [ 600 ]
        Worklog Id 29816 [ 29816 ]
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma made changes -
        Status In Progress [ 3 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Hide
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment -

        Fixed! Thanks for spotting this.

        Show
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment - Fixed! Thanks for spotting this.
        Hide
        tthomas Timo Thomas added a comment -

        Your welcome. Took me a whole day to track this down. Didn't expect an error at this level, quite surprising that this one could live for so long.

        Please also fix for 1.5.10 as this is the version we're currently using. Thanks.

        Show
        tthomas Timo Thomas added a comment - Your welcome. Took me a whole day to track this down. Didn't expect an error at this level, quite surprising that this one could live for so long. Please also fix for 1.5.10 as this is the version we're currently using. Thanks.
        Hide
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment -

        I've fixed this in the 1.5 branch in SVN, but I am afraid there won't be a 1.5.11 that contains it, as it is not supported anymore.

        Show
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment - I've fixed this in the 1.5 branch in SVN, but I am afraid there won't be a 1.5.11 that contains it, as it is not supported anymore.
        Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
        Open Open In Progress In Progress
        16h 6m 1 Arjen Poutsma 07/Dec/12 2:28 AM
        In Progress In Progress Resolved Resolved
        10m 44s 1 Arjen Poutsma 07/Dec/12 2:39 AM

          People

          • Assignee:
            arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma
            Reporter:
            tthomas Timo Thomas
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Time Tracking

              Estimated:
              Original Estimate - 1h Original Estimate - 1h
              1h
              Remaining:
              Time Spent - 10m Remaining Estimate - 1h
              1h
              Logged:
              Time Spent - 10m Remaining Estimate - 1h
              10m