Uploaded image for project: 'Spring Web Services'
  1. Spring Web Services
  2. SWS-839

Update documentation to use HttpComponentsMessageSender in favour of deprecated CommonsHttpMessageSender

    Details

    • Type: Improvement
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Complete
    • Affects Version/s: 2.1.3
    • Fix Version/s: 2.1.4
    • Component/s: Documentation
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I just spent hours debugging why WebServiceTemplate couldn't connect to localhost on Solaris. Digging through the code i noticed that CommonsHttpMessageSender was deprecated in favour of HttpComponentsMessageSender

      Switching to HttpComponentsMessageSender solved my problem.

      It would be good if the reference documentation was updated to suggest using HttpComponentsMessageSender instead of the deprecated CommonsHttpMessageSender

        Activity

        Hide
        dantheperson daniel carter added a comment -

        I could probably make the change myself and send you a patch, it's pretty trivial.

        What format do you like the patches in?

        Show
        dantheperson daniel carter added a comment - I could probably make the change myself and send you a patch, it's pretty trivial. What format do you like the patches in?
        Hide
        dantheperson daniel carter added a comment -

        diff for updated HttpClient documentation

        Show
        dantheperson daniel carter added a comment - diff for updated HttpClient documentation
        Hide
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment -

        Fixed. Thanks for the patch!

        Show
        arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma added a comment - Fixed. Thanks for the patch!

          People

          • Assignee:
            arjen.poutsma Arjen Poutsma
            Reporter:
            dantheperson daniel carter
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: