Status: To Do
Affects Version/s: 1.2.1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Stream Module
At the moment, a custom module can not be upgraded at all, it's not only a desired story, as stated in XD-2889. It's indeed a major issue, since the only way to upgrade a module is by destroying the previous version first.
However a module can not be destroyed if it's being used in existing streams, which means there is no way (at least using shell utilities) to upgrade once spring-xd is in production. Because destroying streams is simply not an option.
What is even more annoying, if some default configuration is included in conf folder. The module can't be upgraded unless that configuration is previously removed, which makes everything even more inconvenient, because in order to upgrade custom modules, SpringXD requires you to:
- Remove all streams using that module
- Remove existing configuration
- Destroy the existing module
- Upload the new version
- Re-create the previously removed configuration
- Re-create all destroyed streams
- Re-deploy all previously deployed streams.