There are some minor errors in the remote chunking section of the documentation:
- First, the diagram shows an item reader on the worker side, but in remote chunking, the reading happens on the master side and items are sent over the wire
- The Step4 label is better if it was Step3
- The chunkJob method of the code example takes an ItemReader as parameter but uses a method call/reference in the stepBuilderFactory.reader method
- The chunkHandler bean is not needed on the master side
- According to the documentation, the middleware has to be durable, but in the code example, we declare the JMS subscription as non durable: .configureListenerContainer(c -> c.subscriptionDurable(false))
- The term "slave" is better renamed to "worker"
It would be also great to add a remote chunking sample to the spring-batch-samples module.