[SWS-355] mistakes in the Spring webservices online tutorial Created: 12/May/08 Updated: 21/Jul/08 Resolved: 15/May/08
|Project:||Spring Web Services|
|Reporter:||Vyas Sanzgiri||Assignee:||Arjen Poutsma|
|Time Spent:||Not Specified|
The tutorial http://static.springframework.org/spring-ws/site/reference/html/tutorial.html is a total show-stopper for the new users. There are many mistakes some of which are listed below:-
1. The example of POM has wrong end tag for </dependencies>
2. activation.jar is needed for the tutorial to work. Hence the following code should be added to pom.xml
3. The tutorial should be perfect and simple. We should try to make it simpler with minimal features and calculations. I still feel we should put more effort in this.
PS: I have never got the tutorial to work!!
|Comment by Arjen Poutsma [ 15/May/08 ]|
1. I've fixed the </dependencies> tag, thanks for spotting this!
2. That dependency should be automatically resolved via maven. The dep graph is saaj-api->saaj-impl->activation.See http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/soap/saaj-api/1.3/saaj-api-1.3.pom
3. I am open for suggestions here.
|Comment by Vyas Sanzgiri [ 16/May/08 ]|
I do not believe anything should be left to "automatic". Maven can be another new tool for the developer and hence nothing should be assumed. I am working on a simpler tutorial. If and when I have it working I will let you know
|Comment by Arjen Poutsma [ 21/Jul/08 ]|
Closing issues in 1.5.2